Dog fashion guide: Choosing the best fall coats for your doggoMonica Fowler | August 22, 2019 | 0 | Pets & Animals
Fall is approaching fast. It’s time that you buy a new fall getup—don’t forget one for your fur baby, though.
Thinking about buying them a coat for the fall season? You are doing it right. Yet, with plenty of dog coats online, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one.
If you check out the dog coats for sale in BitchNewYork, for instance, you will see a couple of new trends and materials. Which of these coats suit your pupper the most?
When shopping for dog coats on the web, use this guide:
- Measure your dog’s body
Before you shop online, you have to measure your dog’s body. These will help you find the ideal size for the dog coat. Just compare it with the store’s available sizes.
Now, in most online shops, you will find size charts. However, take note that no two size charts are similar. What’s XL in other stores may be L for one shop.
It’s a good thing though that some shops take the extra step by organizing the sizes according to dog breed. In any case, just make sure to clarify your sizing concerns with the online shop.
Here’s how to measure your dog’s body:
- To get the length, measure the space between their collar’s base to their tail’s base.
- To get the neck girth, measure the space where they usually wear their collar.
- To get the chest girth, measure their widest chest part, behind their front legs.
- Choose the appropriate style of the coat
When you shop for dog coats online, you will find these two most common styles:
- Jacket style – This wraps around your dog’s shoulders, chest, stomach, and thighs.
- Blanket style – This doesn’t cover your dog’s stomach, only their shoulder.
Since you’re buying them a coat for fall, a Jacket-style coat will be ideal. Just find a material that’s not too thick but can still keep them warm. This way, your dog can still use it in the Winter season. Visit at Bitch New York
There’s a variety of fall jackets for your dog—some even have faux fur and brass buttons! It can get fancy for these fur babies. However, even though it’s the right size and style, you still have to be wary of the material.
- Opt for the best materials for fall
You might not need the warmest dog coats right now. However, your dog still needs a jacket, so they can be warm in the coming chilly fall nights.
Here are some of the best coat materials for the fall season.
- Coat with reflective material – This will help conserve their body heat.
- Coat with Polyester and knit blend – This makes the coat lightweight but stretchable.
- Fleece lined dog coats – This material is lightweight, soft, and easy to wear for your puppy—and even for you!
Now, take note that you don’t have to sacrifice style for comfort all the time. Some dog coats perfectly balance those two. In the dog coats for sale in BitchNewYork, for example, we can recommend the wool-blend coats.
The Wool Fur-Trimmed Dog Harness Coat Burgundy, especially, will make your fur baby look like a Russian princess. It even comes with designer brass buttons and a D-ring, so you can attach your leash easily. They will feel toasty but still look adorable!
In a nutshell
Your dog may have no sense of style but their comfort still matters. Now that you have this guide, you can now choose the right fall coat for your dog.
To check out the cute dog coats for sale in BitchNewYork, go to https://www.bitchnewyork.com/collections/dog-coats